We recently took a family trip to Flagstaff to escape the Phoenix heat, and see the changing fall colors. Here are some of the places we visited, as well as our Redemption Market fall favorites.
Walnut Canyon- we stopped here before checking into our hotel, and enjoyed the one mile trail that boasts beautiful vegetation and views of ancient Native American cliff dwellings. We also took advantage of the picnic tables for a quick lunch before we headed into town.
Oldtown Flagstaff- In the morning we woke up early and headed to Oldtown Flagstaff for some coffee and pastries from Macy's European Bakery & Cafe. We spent some time wandering around and enjoying the old buildings and vintage signs. After finishing off our coffees we took a tour of the Riordan House, a lodge style mansion built in 1903.
Snowbowl- Although it's still a while until skiing season, we drove up to Snowbowl Ski Resort to see the changing foliage. On our way we saw a family of deer, including several baby deer! It was the perfect finish for a fall trip.
If you also want to get in a fall mood, here is a list of our five favorite products for the season:
1. The La Playa blanket is perfect for cuddling up on a chilly day, and comes in various colors.
2. The Campes basket is made with love in Honduras, and is the ideal size for the coffee table.
3. The minimalist Triangle Pendant Necklace dolls up your outfit, while supporting exploited women as they learn a new profession.
4. The Denik journal is now available in sketchbook size, as well as a smaller journal size.
5. This lovely Copper Candle gives Indian artisans a fair trade wage
Happy fall everyone!