Garnet + Slate Beaded Leather Cuffs
Swahili Coast Beaded Leather Cuffs are the perfect fair trade accessory. They are entirely handmade by the fairly-paid, empowered artisans of the Swahili Coast Co-operative.
- New for fall 2022, this simple dashes pattern offers the perfect darker color palette for fall and winter.
- 100% handmade by fairly paid artisans in our partner worker-owned co-op in Tanzania! -
- Crafted from free-range, natural leather and lined with soft suede.
- Durable and adjustable.
- Fastened by a button stud closure with three adjustable lengths.
- Adjustable between 7"-8" in length
- Three widths available: Small(.5 inch), medium (1 inch), large(1.5 inches).
- Items are all handmade, so there is some variation in leather texture/color
- Each cuff comes with a story card with artisan photos and information.
The Swahili Coast Cooperative believes in cooperative ownership to create a lasting impact on development from the ground up.
Swahili Coast's guiding principles:
We believe that as talented artisans, we deserve to own the fruits of our labor. Our cooperative is 100 % worker owned by active members. Workers that participate in the co-op own the share of profits that they contribute to over the course of each month.
Eighty percent of our co-op members are women. We prioritize working with women artisans because we believe that women are agents for change and progress here in Tanzania. We care for our families, we send our children to school, and we work hard for our communities, culture, and country.