Redemption Market is an ethical boutique based in Phoenix, Arizona, sourcing artisan goods from around the world. Every purchase you make is giving back and supporting social justice and fair trade organizations. Our emphasis is on anti-trafficking initiatives- bringing hope and freedom to survivors of modern day slavery.
We are grateful to share the dollar amount that we were able to send to our partnerships this last year. We believe that transparency builds trust and also allows for celebration about the impact we are able to make.
As a social enterprise, or business for good, our main focus is on helping people. We partner directly with the ethical organizations to maintain integrity in the supply chain. Our goal is not profit, but rather providing dignified employment to those who need it most. We seek out those groups with a third party certification, like the Fair Trade Federation, or the Freedom Business Alliance to be assured that those who need the assistance are the ones who receive it.
Our online boutique is made up of fair trade home goods, sustainable fashion, gifts that give back, and jewelry made by survivors. We make an effort to source unique and high quality products that each tell a story.
In 2022 we placed orders with 44 different social justice organizations! This is only possible through the purchases of our faithful customers. The following is a list of our top 10 partnerships from this last year.
1. Starfish Project Jewelry- beautifully handcrafted products made by women rescued from trafficking, supports a holistic rehabilitation program, fair trade certified, based in Asia
2. JOYN Handbags- dignified employment to marginalized communities in India, reclaimed materials, holistic program, fair trade certified
3. Blue Planet Eco Eyewear- polarized sunglasses that use eco materials and fund eyeglasses for kids in need, give back programs in the US
4. Swahili Coast Design- stunning beaded bracelets made with reclaimed leather, a women's cooperative in Tanzania, direct trade, worker owned
5. Purpose Jewelry- programs in Mumbai, Cebu, Kampala, and Tijuana support women and girls escaping human trafficking and help them find economic freedom, member of the Freedom Business Alliance
6. The Worthy Co- unique clay earrings and hand poured candles, a US based social enterprise employing survivors of trafficking, in partnership with an anti-trafficking non-profit
7. Cedar + Cypress Designs- sustainable gold minimalist jewelry, direct partnership with independent artisans in Haiti, providing job training and support
8. Aid Through Trade- lovely beaded roll on bracelets from Nepal, founding member of the Fair Trade Federation, dignified employment to local artisans
9. Imani Collective- adorable wall banners and pillows for kids, ethically made by empowered artisans in a Kenyan collective, holistic program
10. The Little Market- jute Phoenix Market totes that are made in a fair trade program in Bangladesh supporting women, and printed in California by Homeboy Industries, employing men formerly encarcerated and starting a new life, founded by Lauren Conrad
We are so grateful for what we were able to accomplish together in 2022, and look forward to even more change in the coming year!